Sunday, September 27, 2009

i ♥ Faces Challenge - Blue Theme

For this week I'm using a photo that I shot at a music festival this summer that takes a different twist on the theme.



The shirt is the most obvious blue in the photo but I think the expression on his face can cause you to imagine the music pulling on your heart strings a bit.  The twist in this photo is that the musician is a professional "blue"grass fiddle player.  For those of you not familiar, bluegrass is a very heartfelt form of American folk music that uses concepts present in blues and jazz to give it a different flavor.  This shot is SOOC with a very cooperative sun providing my lighting.  While I have some other fun shots at the pool that I considering using, none epitomized the "Blue" theme nearly as well as this one.  To check out more takes on the "Blue" theme head over to i ♥ Faces.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Great play on all the blue themes in this picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I think its perfect for this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your picture very much! I love your model too! I can just imagine him playing something blue grass ish : ) Great entry : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good double blue entry. I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pic! Love the expression on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am deaf, but this photo goes a long way to explaining what the music he is playing might sound like.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hear the music, too... :) I love music...and the blue is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shot and I love the story behind it. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! My husband and I love Bluegrass - he plays guitar and mandolin - I listen! Rhonda and her band are one of my all time favs! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful girls, Nora (2) and Elli (7). I have a love of photography but am still just learning with my girls being my primary source of inspiration.

My Favorite Blogs

"> we picture {this}"> Photobucket">